Fri, 24 Nov|
Green Energy in the East of England
Why an Energy Policy for the East is needed and the role that Green Energy has in it.
Time & Location
24 Nov 2023, 12:00 – 14:00
Orbis Energy, Orbis Energy, Wilde St, Lowestoft NR32 1XH, UK
About the event
The Eastern Powerhouse are advocating for an Energy Policy for the East, as there are several issues which are negatively affecting both the potential of businesses in the region to grow, and their transition to Net Zero.
The energy grid is in dire need of upgrading; the processes to deliver clean energy at scale are mired by bureaucracy; and there is a lack of skills provision to make it all happen.
We are putting together an expert panel to discuss the above and more with politicians, policymakers, business leaders, and wider stakeholders, aiming to kick-off a thought-leading debate on the topic.
The conclusions of the event will inform our public advocacy efforts and help steer our messaging towards politicians in Government and Opposition alike.
Key discussion points
- How to make the transition to clean energy happen better and faster
- The role of Green Energy in the context of the Green Economy
- What needs to be done to ensure skills provision is up to the required level
- Peter Aldous MP, Co-chair, East of England APPG
- Frank Gordon, Director of Policy, Renewable Energy Association
- Steven Lynch, Executive Director, Eastern Powerhouse
More speakers TBC